Maritime Radio is live across the Royal Borough of Greenwich, with the latest news and developments happening from closer to home.
Find us on 96.5FM and online.
Get in touch – call the studio on 020 8316 5246 or email us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest from around the Royal Borough of Greenwich
The Royal Borough of Greenwich are currently issuing the following advice:
If you are homeless or need social services, you should come to the Woolwich Centre.
Customer services at the Eltham Centre will be closed from Wednesday 18 March until further notice.
Our phone lines are exceptionally busy – please only call us in an emergency.
- ALL local assemblies in Lewisham have been cancelled.
- Greenwich Theatre have closed all productions have been postponed for 10 weeks based on the Government Advice.
- TFL to run reduced Saturday service on its services.
- Mycenae House is open, but some events may be cancelled will need to check their website.
- Better Together event, run by Royal Borough of Greenwich, that was due to take place this evening has been cancelled as have the two future meetings this month at Clockhouse Community Centre and Myceane House.*Age Exchange, based at 11 Blackheath Village, is now fully closed – that is the shop, cafe and the theatre.
Health & Safety: stay at home advice
The UK has now moved to a delay phase in order to slow down the spread of COVID-19 and in turn free up NHS and emergency staff.
Anyone with a new continuous cough and / or a high temperature should stay at home and self-isolate for seven days from the onset of the symptoms.
If you think you have symptoms or you might have been exposed to the virus when travelling, visit the NHS 111 online assessment tool. The NHS 111 number is now being targeted at people who have more severe and urgent symptoms.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
Read more at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Can I help?
If you would like to volunteer to support the response to COVID-19 within Royal Greenwich, click here ⬇️
We will continue to update you on social media and on 96.5FM. We broadcast news on the hour, local news between 7am and 7pm, with traffic and travel updates throughout the day.