People who have made outstanding contributions to everyday life in the borough, are to be honoured at this year’s Royal Greenwich Civic Awards.
Do you know someone who goes the extra mile for their neighbours, or volunteers their spare time to help the local community? Then now’s the chance to make sure they receive the recognition that they deserve and nominate them for an award!
The nomination process is now open for people to highlight the individuals, organisations or businesses who they think have made a real difference to the community. Nominations will close on 5 February at 12pm.
The results will be announced at the awards ceremony at Woolwich Town Hall on 22 March.
The categories are:
- Young Persons Outstanding Achievement Award – a person under 25 years of age who has made an outstanding contribution to their community.
- Volunteer Award – a person who goes out of their way to help others.
- Community Award – a person or group who makes an extra effort to contribute to the community.
- Sporting Achievement Award – to recognise a person who has achieved success through playing, coaching or organising sports in the Borough.
- Arts & Entertainment Award – a person or group who has made an outstanding contribution to arts, culture and entertainment in the Borough.
- Act of Courage Award – someone who has shown remarkable courage and/or bravery.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – an individual or organisation who has made an outstanding contribution to the Borough over an extended period of time (minimum 20 years).
Councillor Denise Hyland, leader of the Royal Borough, said: “The Civic Awards are a valuable opportunity to recognise the individuals and organisations that work so hard to make Royal Greenwich a fantastic place to live, work and visit. They show off Royal Greenwich and its fantastic community at its very best, and without their hard work and dedication this borough would not be the fantastic place to live and work that it is. Please nominate your local heroes before the closing date so that they are in the running for an award.”
To make a nomination and find out more about the criteria go to the website.